For our community there is a very special 20% discount using promo code: MBM20. For all the exciting event details and agenda, see below.
For the second year Probiota Americas and the International Probiotics Association (IPA)
unite to create a high-energy event that will fuel growth and innovation across the industry.
Leaders and innovators from the Americas and the IPA’s global membership will come
together to discuss the challenges and opportunities of today’s evolving marketplace, and to
find new ways to translate scientific discoveries into pioneering products that today’s
consumers want to buy.
“Our joint event is bridging the gap between scientific discovery and commercial application in the fastest developing ingredient sectors for both food and supplements. It is the must attend probiotic conference of the year and attendees can expect to actively engage with peers and sector experts to understand the relevance of the cutting edge developments and how they are applicable to their everyday responsibilities,” says George Paraskevakos, Executive Director of the International Probiotics Association (IPA), the global voice of the probiotics industry.
The IPA World Congress + Probiota Americas will run from June 7 to 9 with an interactive agenda that combines a plenary conference with a high level networking program as well as deep-dive workshops into high profile areas, including prebiotic ingredients and the gut-brain axis. The conference features top-drawer scientists and business leaders including:
- Dr Peter Trunbaugh of the University of California San Francisco examines the role of the gut microbiome in pharmacology and what this means for new treatments
- Matt Oster, Consumer Health Industry Manager at Euromonitor, will give an overview of trends shaping the market, with a focus on new insight on milk and provide an understanding of the global probiotic landscape and where it’s headed
- Dr Dan Merenstein of Georgetown University investigates lessons learned from the Bayer landmark case and its impact on companies, providers and patients
- Jeff Leach, co-founder of America Gut and founder of the Human Food Project addresses the role of regional species pools and environmental filters and the potential these findings offer for a new generation of micro-environmentalist
- Dr Chris Callewaert of the University of California San Diego looks beyond the gut to underarm body odor and new bacterial remedies set to inspire next-generation deodorants
- Dr Nicklas Larsson, Research Director at Probi reveals the latest studies highlighting successful probiotic supplementation in infants and children and the potential to prevent secondary health disorders
Probiota has a ten-year track record of successful global events and, in 2015, established Probiota Americas to provide a forum for this region’s rapidly growing industry. Since 2016 it has partnered with the IPA World Congress, previously held every two years, to create an annual industry event of unprecedented scale. “Probiota’s achievements record and the IPA’s powerful membership make this the industry’s leading event and never have its insights been more essential,” says Margarete Baltay, Event Director, Probiota event series.
IPA World Congress + Probiota Americas is sponsored by more than 20 of the world’s most innovative pre and probiotics businesses, including Danone Nutricia, DuPont, Lallemand and Probi. Sarah Jane Jumppanen, Global Communications Leader for DuPont says; “The Probiota event series is founded upon its industry leading content, showcasing the best market-driven science and innovation in an environment encouraging ideation and collaboration. They are the key events dedicated to nurturing the development of the global industry space of tomorrow”.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
About William Reed The IPA World Congress + Probiota Americas is delivered by William Reed, publishers of NutraIngredients-USA.com, FoodNavigator-USA.com and a host of digital newsletters, publications and data sources for the food, drink and nutrition industries. As an international multi-media events company, William Reed welcomes more than 40,000 delegates to over 40 live events, conferences and exhibitions every year – on every continent. William Reed regularly engages with over 2.8 million food, drink and nutrition professionals the world over. www.wrbm.com
About the International Probiotics Association (IPA) The IPA is an international organization with members equally divided between industry and academia. Its goal is to provide a unique forum for the exchange of research and the latest breakthroughs in probiotic technology and new product development. The IPA holds NGO status and is the global voice for the industry, since the majority of the world’s industrial producers are members. The IPA works with government bodies and industry to establish scientific standards for probiotic supplements, pharmaceutical products and functional foods. It educates consumers on the proven health benefits of probiotics for humans and animals and is committed to providing timely and unbiased information to all interested parties and its members.