Antimicrobial Stewardship: Implementing the Change
San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Spain 19 - 20 April 2018
The ESCMID Study Group for Antimicrobial stewardshiP (ESGAP) and the GEIRAS – Study Group on Healthcare-Associated Infections of the Spanish Society of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology (SEIMC, Madrid - Spain) are organizing the course “Antimicrobial Stewardship: Implementing the Change”.
The event will take place in San Lorenzo de El Escorial (Spain), next 19th and 20th April. The organizers of the course will apply for European CME accreditation through EACCME.
- To understand the scientific background of antimicrobial stewardship interventions
- To understand the sociocultural, ethical and behavioral aspects of antimicrobial stewardship
- To acknowledge the relevance of the quality management/implementation aspects of antimicrobial stewardship
- To learn about other barriers to antimicrobial stewardship and how to address them
- To learn the basic principles of bacterial resistance and antimicrobial consumption surveillance
- To understand the differential aspects of antimicrobial stewardship in various settings: hospital (medicine, surgery, ICU, hematology), primary care, general public, long-term care facilities
- To learn how to integrate antimicrobial stewardship education in undergraduate and postgraduate curriculums of healthcare professionals
- To overview the antimicrobial stewardship initiatives being in place worldwide
- To learn from national strategies: their successes and failures
More info (course programme, registration procedure): https://escmid.pulselinks.com/event/14165